Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Think Spring

I guess I must be in the mood to sew with pretty pastel colors because I can't seem to get enough of them right now. I found this fabric basket on the Moda Bake Shop blog and had to make one up. I've never made a basket like this before so I was surprised at how easy it was. I made the whole thing from start to finish in one day.  You need 6 yards of cording 12/32" and 39" of cording 6/32 for the handle which only comes in 10 yard packages so I have enough of that to make another one or something else. I bought a jelly roll from JoAnns, which are only 22 strips I think vs. a normal jelly roll which is 42 2-1/2" strips. I did not have to use the entire jelly roll, so you need less than 22 strips to cover your cording. Check out their pattern on the Moda Bake Shop site for all of the detailed instructions.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment